Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shhhhh...

I'm writing this on the DL at my job. Shhhhhh. Eh, I put my notice in last week. I have 8 days left...

So I went to sleep last night at 90% on Hothouse Flower. Before I decided to tackle working, writing, and reading, I got a lot more reading done. Now, it takes me quite some time to finish a book. I digress though. I forced myself to bed because it was getting way late, but also because I'm not ready to leave Daisy and Ryke's world. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself there. Ryke is my kinda guy- tough exterior, but loyal and capable of falling in love with his entire being. I've also enjoyed seeing Daisy come into her own.

Although I am sad to leave Dais and Ryke, I am very excited to start Five Miles by Lili St. Germain. A whole different world than the one the Ritchie sisters created for me, but one I am loving as well. Lot of books say they are hardcore, gritty, raw, etc. but few live up to it in my opinion. This one does so in spades. If you haven't read it and want to, stop reading this blog because I am about to tell you my favorite part. Did you hear that? STOP READING!

Dude, when ole boy stabs homegirl in the leg while fucking... WTF! What is even more intense is the fact that she is fucking him as a means to kill six of his seven sons, leaving the old bastard for last. That is gritty as fuck! I love it! You can read my review here:  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/843805455

Well, my work day is done, so I am going to wrap this up and get home to read the end of a very romantic story and then dive right into some depraved shit.

Oh btw, it's my birthday. Happy birthday me. What am I getting myself? A lil Ryke and a lil Jace ;)

Hasta luego mis compaƱeros lectores-
Emily

Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment