Sunday, April 20, 2014

Taunting Destiny - Fae Fucking Fantastic

I have stayed up late to write my review on Goodreads for Taunting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins.

17980013

This is what I had to say:

Man, I don't even know what to say. This series is so fae fucking awesome. I love romance, but I NEED action. I loooooved the Artist Trilogy because it was so full of action as well as romance. I've read romance where I'm like, "Is anything going to actually HAPPEN or are we just going to be all 'woe is me' or 'i'm not good enough' or my personal favorite 'lets have the heroine take it up the ass while she sucks a dude's dick. yeah, that sounds hot...' or something along those lines. Yeah, not for me. 

Now, I know we NEED all different types of romance because there are all different types of people. There are people who hate the stuff I like. Equally, there are people who hate the stuff I write. That is OK. We're a melting pot here. That's what is so great about the diversity of the United States. It is OK for us to like different things. When you find something you like, share it. As an author, when I read someone liked what I wrote, that it spoke to them in some way, I love it. It makes me keep writing, despite those one stars (man those hurt). So I am sharing my love of the Fae Chronicles with ya'll, and it is your American right to disagree with me. 

Moving along, I looooooooooooooooved this series, as I've been quite clear already I believe. There is love (although they fight it), sex (oh the sex. the glorious sex...), there are bombs exploding, speed shifting, bloody battles, deceit, plotting among families, a dying land, people ready to give their lives to save others, and so freaking much more. Did I mention the HAWT sex? Yeah, lots of it. Great sex. D battery sex. Not AA sex--at all. 

Sometimes, I'm not sure what's going on, but I have full faith Ms Hutchins will catch me up to speed when it's time. And she does. 

Synthia is great. The juxtaposition of some of the scenes and her snarky comments are so fae fucking clever and humorous. I want her to be my new BFF. Really, mo fo's are in historic garb and she is given a janky yet enchanted dagger to which she responds "What the hell is this supposed to do? Pick his teeth after he eats my bones."  In another scene, also very royal and prestigious, two ladies are about to throw down (two royal ladies dressed all kinds of fancy) and what does Synthia have to say? "Well shit, this was going to be entertaining." Again, I did my ugly laugh, something Synthia made me do a lot. Thankfully I was alone. She is so normal amidst all the weird shit happening around her. I think I have a huge crush on Ryder and a little one on Synthia too... 

I need to go to bed, but instead I am going to read a little of book 3. Very very sad to find out this isn't a trilogy and I have to wait for more books. Happy nonetheless that I get to stay in Synthia's world a little bit longer though. Her world is fucked up, but gripping/stunning/witty/haunting/erotic/passionate. Yes, passionate. This book is filled with passion. Not just sexy passion, but passion for family, friends, your home, your loved ones who have passed, your people, your land... just everything. Those are my parting words. This book is bursting with passion. 

Here is a link to the review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/910249453
(I'm interested to see if they pull my review to it's excessive cursing. If so, the fowl mouthed review will live on in this blog.)

And one to buy her book, cuz it rocks
Fighting Destiny: http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Destiny-Chronicles-Amelia-Hutchins-ebook/dp/B00D5M4PTM/ref=la_B00D5OASEG_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397970870&sr=1-1

Taunting Destiny: http://www.amazon.com/Taunting-Destiny-Chronicles-Amelia-Hutchins-ebook/dp/B00FAFJU8S/ref=la_B00D5OASEG_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1397970870&sr=1-3

And it's off to bed for me.
Peace out people-
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment